Sunday, October 28, 2012

Transformation

DAY 15 of the 30 Day No Makeup Challenge.

We've completed half of the challenge! Where did the time go? Phew.

I didn't notice that it was quite possible to learn so much in just 15 days. The other day I told a friend, "I'm over this challenge, I'm so ready to wear makeup." I'm such a baby sometimes, haha. Here's what I've come to find out, this is so much more than just a makeup challenge.

So much more.

I've taken this time to be more aware of my feelings, of my life choices, of my relationships, and just of me as a whole. Who would have thought that a no makeup challenge could have conjured up such awareness? Well, I think it all comes down to a choice. I chose to do a 30 day no makeup challenge, I chose to be more aware of myself, I chose to challenge myself and just go the little extra mile. Sometimes it's no fun, sometimes it's hard, sometimes I whine, but in the end, I choose to trust in what God is doing in me and thru me. Also, the support and words of encouragement I've received are absolutely wonderful, so appreciated. BUT i'm just acting on something that was put on my heart, I can't take the credit. I mean, that's what choices are, right? Acting on it. It can be a person, it can be a situation, it can be anything and everything.

What are we acting on? How are we acting? When people see you, what do they see? Be honest with yourself. & if you don't like the answer, change it. I want to be a reflection of Christ. I want to emulate that Christ type love and peace. Someone told me the other day, that I inspire them. ME? I inspire? So weird. I'm not this superior person, that is a "do good-er." I'm just Anais. I almost didn't know how to receive the comment, it was overwhelming. I mess up a lot, I get emotional, I get angry; I'm human. BUT I own up to my mistakes and I try to better myself in order to avoid repeating those mistakes. I don't always get it right, but I'm getting better at it. I think that this challenge is teaching me to never stop learning and to never stop growing. It's also showing me that I do not NEED to understand every little thing.

Why/how do I inspire? Why do I love people? Why am I honest with people? Why am I the way I am? I don't know. I've been called to. I'm just answering the call. I've been transformed.

I almost want to apologize for my less than savvy way of writing and for not be as eloquent as others, but I won't, because this is me.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment