Thursday, October 11, 2012

Barely There.

Well folks, I have decided to take a 30 Day Challenge. It will be a 30 Day No Makeup Challenge.

Why a 30 Day No Makeup Challenge? Well, It's just something that has been put on my heart. This will be both a challenge and a declaration for myself and dare I say, for all women or just people in general! It is a challenge because, I know I like makeup. I don't wear a lot, but I wear enough to cover my imperfections, and anyone that knows me, knows how much I love my lipstick. It's a declaration in the sense that I am making a declaration of beauty, of individuality, of uniqueness; a declaration that leads to celebration of one's self. Celebrating everyone's sense of selfhood.

I also like a good challenge, so bring it on. Also, where is my confidence? Who am I when stripped from my cover up, my mascara, my lipstick, and liner? I'm a child of the Living God, I'm a vibrant Latina, I'm a daughter/sister/niece/granddaughter, I'm a girlfriend, I'm a friend, I'm a student, I'm an educator, I'm a lover of people, I'm an emotional being, I'm a beautiful young lady; That's who I am. Do I always recognize that and do I always feel beautiful? No. BUT that's what I am, regardless of how I feel about myself sometimes. Now is as good a time as ever to declare it, right?

Who are you? How do you see yourself? Not just physically, but inwardly.
* I find nothing wrong with makeup. It's fun and it's a girl's best accessory. That's not what this is about.

Can you be 'Barely There' with me? Can you stripe yourself down and really celebrate 'you'? Barely There is just a name I gave this challenge. We are all in different places in our lives. We all go thru different situations. How do you react to certain situations when you're Barely There? Do you feel as assured in your guise when you're stripped down?

This is what I want: I want other people to join me in the 30 Day Challenge- friends, family, strangers, anyone who wants to join. There are lots of choices; do the full 30 Day Challenge, just do a few days if you'd like, if you do not want to do the challenge it self, challenge yourself to do something else. For example, give a person a genuine compliment everyday; something from the heart, something sincere and meaningful. A few other things I've decided to do along side of Barely There. I am pushing myself to read a Proverb every day during the challenge and to drink more water (I have a bad habit of not drinking enough). Well, anyways...

Will you join? Will you be a part of the challenge? Will you be part of this declaration?

If so, send me an email and tell me why you're doing it or what your thoughts are. I'd love to post pictures or emails received, just make it clear if you rather me not to (or I can easily keep emails anonymous). My email is Amarias831@hotmail.com.  If you have my number, send me picture of you 'Barely There' and why you decided to be part of it. Post this on your FB wall, twitter feed, Instagram feed and wherever else. Use these hashtags to show some unity in this challenge: #BarelyThere #DaretobeBare #30DayNoMakeupChallenge. Tag me in any Twitter posts- @ana_ama or Instagram - @anais_loves.

I am doing the 30 Day Challenge from October 14th- November 12th.

Will you be Barely There with me? Do you Dare to be Bare?

ekk, this was tough for me to put up. BARELY THERE.

xo


3 comments:

  1. You are beautiful inside and OUT!!!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. True beauty begins on the inside and works its way out!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Miss. Wiss & Karen! YOU TWO are absolutely lovely.

    ReplyDelete