Thursday, October 18, 2012

You're Beautiful.

DAY 5. 

At first, I thought, "Ok I'll just avoid mirrors as much as possible." That way, I didn't have to look at myself in the mirror with no makeup. I have a bad habit of looking at myself in the mirror and picking myself apart. I see a scar, a pimple, bags under my eyes, eyebrows all messy, and anything and everything I could possibly capture in a matter of seconds.
Is it true? Does my face capture a bunch of imperfections? Yes, yes it does. BIG DEAL. 
Someone pointed out that I have a habit of saying things about myself, that may be kinda sorta true, but I'm just tearing myself down and eating away at my self confidence--all because I was just, "being honest with myself." 

We, humans (or maybe just Latinas =] ), do that sometimes. We think we're being honest and that's good, right? Yea, but what is your approach like? How are you conveying the truth? Are you telling the person out of love? or just because you see a flaw and decided to take it into your own hands, you approach it with no filter, no consideration of their feelings, and no real knowledge of the situation? I'm so guilty of that, SO GUILTY. I must say, I've gotten better, but I can be even better.
 I mean, that's life--if we allow it, we're always learning. Never stifle learning!

Well anyways,

Are you telling yourself you're beautiful everyday?
 Because you are; bare & all. 
People ask why I'm doing this. Well, why not do it?



30 Day No Makeup Challenge.
Dare to be Bare.

What's been going on? 

Daring to be bare.
 
Witnessing to others.

 
Encouraging each other. 

I've been feeling blessed, encouraged, inspired, and loved-- just from doing what was on my heart. 
so cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment