Saturday, June 16, 2012

5.27.12


I don’t know if this will be embarrassing, but I’ll take the chance.

Last, but most certainly not least— I am going to end my streak of posts about influential people in my life by ending it with a post about my very own boyfriend, MY baby, Jamaal.

We’ve only been dating for three weeks, I know, it has not been a long time at all; But when it’s right, it’s right. Everything about us coming together has been so beautifully orchestrated by God’s divine hand. If we had met a few years back, we would have messed it up and tried to do it “our” way. People laugh when they hear we knew each other from church because: a) people know who we use to be, b) church is a random place to meet someone, and c) because church can only be a place to meet “goody two shoes” or “hypocritical” people (right?-- Wrong). I laugh at all of those too, but not because it is unbelievable for me to think you can meet someone at church, but because no one knows the sweet and special connection Jamaal and I have. I don’t care where we met; I just care about us here and now, and our future of getting to know each other and growing together in the Lord.

We have some similarities, we have lots of differences, but most of all we really enjoy being with each other. We’re learning from each other, growing together, and we’re both excited to see where this takes us. We’ve promised to put God in the center of this relationship and we’ve already seen the fruits of that. My heart skips, leaps, and jumps while I write this because I’m just so ecstatic to see what the future holds.

Jamaal is level headed, passionate, responsible, “cool”, great dad, thoughtful, noble, and just a delight to be with. He listens when I speak but is quick to give his opinion, he encourages me but doesn’t baby me, he is sweet but never disrespectful, and he’s my boyfriend. I’m not even sure I’m use to saying “my boyfriend.” But I’m glad that when I refer to boyfriend, it refers to Jamaal; wouldn’t want it any other way…




xox

No comments:

Post a Comment