Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Dearest Friends.

For the next few posts I’d like to talk about some people who are important to me; people who have contributed to the being that is me. They’re people that love me for me. They are people who I laugh with, cry with, argue with, and know that no matter what, they’re willing to talk with me, help me, and still love me; even with all my annoyances and imperfections. They are people I respect and adore.

Now, I love people. There are a lot of people I respect and adore; but the people in my posts have an extra special place in my heart—I know, you may think that’s unfair, but they just do.

It's important to express your love for those around you every now and then; let them know you love them, you think of them, & that you appreciate them.

First, I’m going to start with my very best friend, Ms. Adelle Samaha.

We met when we were 8 years old. We are now 23 years old and still going strong in our friendship. If anything, this is the strongest our friendship has ever been. She goes to Purdue University in Indiana, and I live in RI. So we don't get to see each other as often as we'd like.


It sucks having your best friend live away from you (in high school she moved to Connecticut from Pawtucket, RI), so we’re use to having some distance from each other, BUT it does not matter how long Adelle and I go without talking, we will always pick up where we left off and laugh like we just saw each other the day before. Adelle is smart, beautifully talented, blessed with an amazing singing voice, woman of God, strong in her faith, firm in what she believes, confident, honest, bold, hard working, and just all sorts of wonderful. She lifts me up, prays with me, encourages me, challenges me, pushes me, holds me accountable, and loves me. She is exactly what a friend should be. 


Adelle has taught me to step my game up-- that reliance on God brings you to a whole new level; new levels of love, trust, companionship, and new levels in life as a whole. 

Man, we vibe so well together, we gel like no other.  We’ve gone so strong for so long that there is no turning back now! It's so hard to put into words how grateful I am to have her as a friend. Adelle, thank you for being a sister to me.


& to all my other friends that love me, listen to me, are there for me, challenge me, talk to me, check up one me—I love y’all. THANK YOU: Kris, Cass, Jaz, Britt, Nicky, and Bri. Also, Thank you to the awesome couples who have been there for me as a beautiful unit: Barbosa’s, Tolleson’s, McWilliam’s, soon to be Braga’s, Gibb’s, and Rojas’.

   
    




                                                   

1 comment: