Monday, October 31, 2011

Just a suggestion...

I suggest that we all go in the Word of God and find out who we are in Him. We need to find it and repeat it to ourselves; speak it over ourselves. I know we should evaluate ourselves every now and then, check ourselves and our motives, but don't start doing that and then end up tearing yourself apart by the end of the whole "check ourselves" process. I have done that to myself too many times.

I get upset, I ask myself why I am upset, I check how I've dealt with myself being upset, I ask myself if that was the best way to deal with it, then I start analyzing: I think about what I could have done better, is this situation really worth me being upset, and the list goes on...
THEN I think, "wow, I'm so selfish", "i'm so needy", "i'm not worthy"....and I just rip myself apart and end up in this horrible lull. I end up feeling so low and so useless and end up having an emotional melt down. It's such an icky place to be. I think of one thing and it snowballs into this pathetic pity party.

But you know what, that was a lot of "I." That was the problem. I made it all about me me me me me. I forget that it is Christ that lives in me. It is Him who delivers me. It is Him who makes me strong--How easily that is forgotten-- He IS life! How can I live life without the one who IS life itself?

My sister told me, "don't lose hope."

I need to trust God in ALL things. One of the pastors at my church always asks, "You trust God? Even in the little things?" That's what I need to do. That's what WE need to do. Trust Him in the big, huge, small, tiny, medium, with ALL things. I'm trusting God. I know he has great plans, and I know he has my best interest in mind. He does and will continue to deliver, protect, love, guide, heal, and speak to me.

I am a new creature. I am made in His image. I am precious. I am a conqueror with Him. I am a vessel. I am a light. I am forgiven. I am renewed. I am free. I am victorious. I am an ambassador of Christ. I am called. I am God's child.

I am loved. I am so loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment